Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Elon? Illis? Can't you design a figure that does not look like a girl?

For the record I do not know HansimGlueck or any of the other people who wrote on this topic, nor am I him, although he seems to be a fellow German. Not a bad guess when you are looking at the name.

Obviously, I do not speak for all gamers. I never said I did.
    And I respect the opinion of everybody who disagrees with me. I do not like anime yet I am friends with people who do.
    But the pool of potential buyers in this genre is limited and if only a fraction thinks as I do, it might make a huge difference to the game's outlook.
    I do not get why this argument is so controversial.
    A cosmetics company would never put an unattractive woman in one of their ads. That product would not sell or sell less.
    We can discuss whether that should or should not be so until the cows come home. It still is.
    A war game happens to be a testosterone fueled thing.

I can't wait to see the new characters and I hope there will be something for everybody.
    Either way, I have said what I wanted to say.
    I wish you guys all the best and Hanakai a smashing success with Prodigy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumpel View Post
    Obviously, I do not speak for all gamers. I never said I did.

A war game happens to be a testosterone fueled thing.
    ^ Opinions-tier

Don't apologise for something then do it again in the next paragraph.

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    Well, I didn't realize Orin was a man, I did't read the description carefully, I only looked at the design and really thought he was a woman (long hair, long robe). Maybe without changing much it'd be possible too harden his face a little. Now Orin seems a little weird to me, I'm used to see him as a woman I'll just have to get used to the fact he's a man if nothing's changed in his design.
    But Elon and Ellis do look like (young and not stereotyped) men to me.

I like the overall design very much, but maybe the OP is right about the fact thats designs should be a little more distinctive concerning genders.

Anyway it won't make me change my mind about the project, I'm waiting for the alpha release.

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY STORM PACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwethelyn View Post
    Hello everyone !

While we appreciate feedback on our game, be it positive or negative, we consider that it has to remain constructive, as well as polite towards your fellow community members and our team.

Everyone is free to have their own opinion, as long as they accept that it is also the case for others.

I will just point out that :

- as stated in a few of our lore presentation, Elon and Orin Aki are both quite young (around 16 years old) and so are most members of their respective teams.

- we have not revealed all the characters yet
    I am going to whole heartedly agree with this. If you want your feedback and opinion taken seriously you have to say it in a mature and constructive manner. Otherwise, you look like a troll and will just start a flame war. Several posts I have seen just are asking to start and argument. Think about how you are words will be perceived before you post. This is all basic forum and internet etiquette and I think everyone on these forums should know that.

Now I don't want to go to in depth, but I think the idea of all men having to be big bulky guys and women be curvacious is something that has largely been commercialized and become a stereotype in the entertainment industry.

Also I believe Hanakai has never said that Elon or Orin were human and for all we know they have completely different genetic make up. This is THEIR universe and they can choose the creative direction. I am sure they are willing to listen feedback, but only if it is done in a constructive and positive manner. Also as I stated before there have been lots of male protagonist/antagonist that are super muscular that did a great job. Look at Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 the most popular hero in the Final Fantasy series.

Your Prodigy pack
    Talking about designs, I'd like to see something like this. Helldorado designers did a magnificent job I think, especially during the Asmodée period. Since the game went to Cypher, it's more GWesque.

Your Prodigy pack
    That is a nice design. I like the pose and the way it looks like action is about to be taken. Only weird thing is the way the sword is held. Weird to see it like that, but I can't say why the design is like that either. Seems intentional, but with no knowledge behind why it is held like that it looks out of place. And I like the coloring used.
    J'utilise Google Translate, donc j'espère que mes commentaires ne sont pas trop mauvais en français.

Your Prodigy pack
    André de Montbard was one of the 9 founders of the Order of the Temple and its 5th grand master. He had a couple saints in his family (his sister and his nephew).
    The book, the sword and the cross (the way the sword is held) really fit well for this man.

Your Prodigy pack
    I see. I thought that was what they were going for, but not knowing that sort of threw me off. Yeah, knowing that, the way the sword is held fits in with the design of it. Makes me like it more now.
    J'utilise Google Translate, donc j'espère que mes commentaires ne sont pas trop mauvais en français.

Your Prodigy pack

Thank you Gwethelyn. How many 16 year old-ish people do you think have raging amounts of muscle or any sort of large build yet? Excluding those rare breeds and races, the average human type character will find it difficult to manage a large build by that age, unless some sort of extreme training was undertaken. Also Orin grew up with a more assassin-like raising, which focusing on speed and accuracy over brute force.

Though this isn't to say that larger build character of young age are impossible, just not so simply existing. But then again, this is a fantasy game and not the real world, so I say that we let the developers continue their hard work and I am sure we will see many more characters of different builds and races so much that there will be a character of favor for 'mostly' everyone.
    Never stop. The future is always waiting and progressing. If you keep looking at the past, you will never see the opportunities that may pass by you.