Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elon? Illis? Can't you design a figure that does not look like a girl?

Elon? Illis? Can't you design a figure that does not look like a girl?

Thank you all!
    The question is do I have a point or not?
    If so, who cares if I put things a little bluntly?
    Orin, I can live with.
    Elon has to change. You can take that figure and put it into any Victoria's Secret catalog.
    She is just that pretty.
    Hanakai should be able to put her in a dress without a fuss in China.
    Change her name to Elona and voila.
    Frankly, same with Illis.
    It should not be that difficult to change. Make the companies all female if you want.
    After all, you are already there. You do not have to change all that much.
    Hanakai should see that maybe there is a point that was worth raising and act accordingly.

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    First off this is the most Ham Fisted Troll of a post I have seen in days!. HansimGlueck comes in here complaining about the male figurines and then decrees he has not and probably will not purchase the product because they do not fit the design he wants...

Why do you care then if you are not purchasing. Do you have a point, NO! You know why you do not? Because it is not YOUR vision coming to the figurines, it is the creator, and you do not sacrifice vision to appease those who are not already appeased by that visions.

Who cares if you put things so bluntly, no one, but does your opinion matter when you Have Not and WILL NOT pledge? NO it really doesnt at that point. The game clearly is not for you if you HAVE NOT and WILL NOT contribute.

There also comes a point when stating things bluntly becomes more like sounding like arrogant and egotistical, if not just plain douchey...I think you have reached that point whether you have a point or not!

as far as i believe the Company of Storms design is not about HUGE POWER and big hits, but an elegant flurry of hits, with that in mind the design convey that swiftness and poise well.

But I would probably pledge and so would probably many of my friends if things were to change just a bit.
    If the game was already finished, I would agree with you as to the pointlessness of my point of view.
    But things could still change.
    In my book this might very well determine the difference between success and failure.
    I would not write here if I was not at least intrigued by the game.
    I am.
    I think that I might be doing Hanakai a favor. Did they not ask for input?
    Did they not ask for our opinions? Should it be all Ahs and Ohs because we are discussing their vision?
    I concede that they are artists. But I think they also would like to make their game successful.
    I would like to see the game succeed as well.
    I am not just Mr. Negative. I am trying to make a point, that will, in my humble opinion, improve the game.
    The figurines make this game.
    I personally do not think it will succeed the way it is.

Your Prodigy pack
    I am not saying your view is pointless HansimGlueck. I prefer more manlier characters when I play games as well, but there is a point where telling a story that you the creator envisions becomes sacrifice in order to make a few bucks. Clearly with a Kickstarter campaign the creators would rather maintain that vision more the sacrifice it, so they are asking people to get onboard the way it is.

If this games success is riding on how hi fashion chic Elon and Illis are, my money is more on it succeeding judging if not only on Hollywood, Male actors and more.

How you present a package is also how well the package is received...I think many people have shown that they are generating discussion about bettering the game in a constructive manner, there are two other threads I am following concerning the board in particular, but its not done in a do it or F U manner.

I also agree with MudkipSkitz in that you have to consider context of the characters and stories, some things we clearly do not know yet, and as I said if the figurines are making or breaking the decision to purchase then we have trouble. You know how many of Final Fantasy's Male Protagonist did not fit the butch Macho standard while they rode to success, How about the Devil May Cry Franchise, I could go on and on with that list, and even pull some real world examples.

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY STORM PACK
    Yes, I'm sure Elon not looking like Jason Statham is going to make or break this game, the masses will riot when they see that he doesn't shed chest hair in every move.

Your Prodigy pack
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeArmy View Post
    Yes, I'm sure Elon not looking like Jason Statham is going to make or break this game, the masses will riot when they see that he doesn't shed chest hair in every move.
    Pardon me but I literally Laugh out with a snort at the end. You man sure are funny XD

Your Prodigy pack
    STILL QUITE EARLY SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    I would say the movie and comic industry have hurt male ego as bad as the barbie doll. Both are unrealistic in many cases.

First off: Elon/Orin are from what I can see aged in late teens to early 20s with an athletic build. Both are using swords and not massive battle axes (Wouldn't expect them to have the mass of a Early/mid 30s body builder). While strength does play a large role with swords so does endurance, flexibility and speed. Both are leaders. Generally people follow leaders because of personality, cunning and skill; not I is the biggest strongest one of you all (If you really want you can always use Pistil the Gerlin King). Likewise the guardians are filling the role of meat tank/large bulk figures.

I do prefer an older slightly more rugged male protagonist (face really), but there is nothing wrong with these models faces based on the characters age. My ESO character for example has a shaved head, 5 O'clock shadow and scars, but in general a similar muscle build to those of the models. They aren't lacking muscle they just don't use steroids. A larger barbarian with battle axe wouldn't go astray but if all the models were like that it would most likely turn me away.

Illis looks to fill the role of a swindler smooth talker rogue to me and likewise they generally aren't massive bulking units.

I like the models as they are realistic and not over the top (I think based off of muscle mass they would still be larger than a large percentage of the world population).

The only nitpick I have is while the female characters have hips they could be slightly larger (curves are good) and the male characters could use larger rear ends (not sure what it is lately with similar occurring in ESO, has to be very uncomfortable sitting down like that)
    Fry

Your Prodigy pack

Excellently repostes all! Though honestly, if you have an issue with the character design, drop the money for the package and have your own designed. These characters are just a scratch on the surface of what is to come for the Prodigy universe. Just because you dislike one or two characters does not mean that there won't be later character that fit your fancy. And hell, maybe there will be a company chock full of burly gentlemen with ravishing mustaches and monocles.
    Never stop. The future is always waiting and progressing. If you keep looking at the past, you will never see the opportunities that may pass by you.

It's funny how little Orin was mentioned since I actually think he looks more feminine.
    Anyway, on to my actual points:

First of all, do not assume your opinion represents the majority.
    The fact that you state you are "doing Hanakai a favor" is rather disgusting to me.
    Who do you think you are?
    There has been MUCH more positive feedback concerning the character designs than negative ones.

Second of all, it's okay to feedback to Hanakai to request for more masculine designs, but no one will take your opinion seriously when you're acting as if Hanakai owes you a living.
    Don't come in here and claim "Hanakai should see that maybe there is a point that was worth raising and act accordingly. "
    Well then, I shall do the same and state "Hanakai should see that there is no point listening to such a badly worded DEMAND and that the general feedback regarding the designs have been mostly positive."

How lovely is it to see I just dismissed your entire rambling by being as selfishly demanding as you?

To conclude, you want to see more masculine designs? Sure, you can always feedback them to Hanakai.
    But don't think for once that they'll listen to you by using statements like "How you would have backed the game" if your demands were met. Such selfish demands make your entire point invalid.