Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elon? Illis? Can't you design a figure that does not look like a girl?

Elon? Illis? Can't you design a figure that does not look like a girl?

As if Elon was not bad enough. Now Illis, too.
    These figures might fly in France. I for one, would like to play with figures that actually look or at least resemble a male.
    Message to France: Elon and Illis look like girls! They are prettier than Soha!
    Rota and Toboro are great and I like the chicks but playing with Elon and Illis- I would feel silly.
    FYI, that is why I have not bought and prob. will not.

Who agrees with me?

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    Pretty closed minded to say that the men need to look like what you defined a 'man' looks like. I personally like the designs, and they fit into the world they created nicely.

Your Prodigy pack
    Sorry, but no, I don't agree with you. So, they don't look like big hulking macho men stereotypes, which is just fine in my opinion. You can state that in your opinion they look like girls if you want, but the way you come off would make me want to disagree with you regardless of what I thought.
    J'utilise Google Translate, donc j'espŔre que mes commentaires ne sont pas trop mauvais en franšais.

Oh come on!
    Ok, fine. I retract the word "chick". And I am not saying I want the Terminator either.
    Nor I am I saying that the quality of most figures is not special.
    But something realistic would be nice. Not everything in this world has to be unisex.
    What happened to "Vive la difference"?
    I can get Ken and Barbie in the store for $9.99

I hate to say it, but I agree with HansimGlueck. I am a woman and a feminist, and I am offended by the chick comment, but I hate Elon and I hate Illis. I would like to see some realistic gender differences as well. I like that the women can kick buttkes, but females are strong enough these days to have worthy opponents. Elon and Illis look like they could be blown away by a stiff breeze. PC is great, but it does not have to be like this.

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY STORM PACK
    One of my main problems with lots of stuff out of Japan (and France, apparently) is the feminization of male characters. I don't so much mind that they look feminine, more just that there is little distinction between male and female characters. So in that sense, I agree with HansimGlueck. I would prefer more masculine characters for the males...I don't want beefy stereotyped males any more than I want large-chested stereotyped females...just not where they all look alike (feminine), as they do here.

I had to register for this. Nobody wants Schwarzenegger. Agreed.
    But imagine the outcry if a female figurine was depicted as a damsel in distress.
    But somebody complains that the male characters look like effeminate windbags and suddenly one is accused of being a closed minded, sexist caveman. For heavens sake: Look at them! Even the silver haired "dude". I will not even comment on the other two.
    It looks like a potentially awesome game. I have looked at it with interest. What a pity!
    I will pass.

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY STORM PACK
    I am a male and I think they look fine. Elon and Illis look like they have more finesse. Illis is using a rapier which is a fast, quick sword, he does not have to be a big guy to wield it. And Elon straight up looks like a guy from Final Fantasy which is fine with me.

Your Prodigy pack
    Probably worded my post a little too strongly in the whole macho man term. I understand what some of you are trying to say. But I don't particularly see a problem with their design. And that hurts my case.

But none of you people against it are helping your case by how you seem so aggressive against them. And calling out France for the characters like you did sort of set me off as petty. I know you probably didn't mean it like that, but it set the tone of my post when I responded. Will just say sorry now if I sounded harsh.

Now, I don't find anything wrong with them. If you do, great. Opinions are opinions. How you state those opinions though...

Edit:
    And I hope no one took my first comment as me thinking the OP is sexist or anything, and I had no problem with "chick" so I don't know who did or how those came up...

Point taken.
    So maybe I should be more constructive.
    After all, there might still be time for Hanakai to hear us and maybe change or add some things.
    Otherwise, I fear that they will find out at launch how many females buy war video games.
    (Hint: Not that many)