Thread: Just a small suggestion for a new character (or something like it)

Just a small suggestion for a new character (or something like it)

Basically, I watched the Prodigy video on kickstarter and thought "What kind of ally would I enjoy playing with?" The answer came to me something like this: A figurine whose entire skillset revolves around a "Raise offense/Lower defense" playstyle, or to put it in simpler terms, risk/rewards.

For instance, they could have a skill where they throw an axe at any enemy in the front/middle rows (with reduced damage to compensate), but they incur a 65% defensive penalty if they don't move to the front row next turn to "retrieve it". If the Ally retrieves the axe, they gain an 18% offensive boost. Either way, you're going to end up losing defense, but do you want to stay safe whereever you are and receive debuffs or do you want to try and go for the damage?

I just thought it would make for an interesting playstyle. Share what you think below!

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    Isaelle could be what you are looking for as she is a bard, raise stats could be in her skillset.

Me personally would go for a support character, raising stats across the team, or debuffing the enemy team. A class that would do little damage herself, but giving the power to her team instead.
    Say if you but her in the back she would gain more defensive layered skills (or a bonus defensive to her skill set), and if she would be in the front a more offensive skillset (or offensive bonus).
    Seems to me to give a more stratigical set up.

The reason why is cause I preffer to play supporting characters, do not have a big impact on their own but in a team they can do some wicked stuff! Power in numbers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrawness View Post
    Isaelle could be what you are looking for as she is a bard, raise stats could be in her skillset.

Me personally would go for a support character, raising stats across the team, or debuffing the enemy team. A class that would do little damage herself, but giving the power to her team instead.
    Say if you but her in the back she would gain more defensive layered skills (or a bonus defensive to her skill set), and if she would be in the front a more offensive skillset (or offensive bonus).

The reason why is cause I preffer to play supporting characters, do not have a big impact on their own but in a team they can do some wicked stuff! Power in numbers!!
    That's actually a decent idea! But still, you can't have any game without some way of being ridiculously powerful.

For instance, take Astaroth from the Soul Calibur series. He attacks incredibly quickly (around 4-5 hits per second) and does a crapton of damage, but he's incredibly squishy. If he wasn't squishy, he would be banned from existence.

Anyway, thanks for your input

Your Prodigy pack
    You can give the character lower defensive stats so you can take it down more easily. The more damage or the higher the team value the more squishy the character should be for balance purpose imo.

I flying creature, perhaps a Wyvern, would be cool to have! There are so many possiblities they have opened when they used Hydra and a manticore. Some more legendary creatures would be awesome!

Your Prodigy pack
    You can give the character lower defensive stats so you can take it down more easily. The more damage or the higher the team value the more squishy the character should be for balance purpose imo.

I flying creature, perhaps a Wyvern, would be cool to have! There are so many possiblities they have opened when they used Hydra and a manticore. Some more legendary creatures would be awesome!
    I definitely foresee more mythical creatures in the near future. What else could be more wicked than Dragons and Wyverns.

Back to the topic, I think there will be some differences in terms of the offensive, defensive or supporting abilities that would differentiate the characters. Be it through skills or base stats. Personally I find it extremely appealing if we can grow our characters the way we want it. Everyone may be playing the same characters but mine could be much more offensive than yours? Slower or squishier?

Your Prodigy pack

Agreed. A supporting character is often looked down on, but will be a massive asset once instilled in a team.

In terms of other character possibilities, I understand that magic will be pretty prominent since the a lot goes down with the Sorcerer Kings <- Bam! Magic.

I would like to see characters with moves that maybe take more than one turn to charge; Or even a skill that can be overcharged a second turn for more effect in some way. Perhaps a wizard or mage that will cast a spell that will affect a large portion of the board. Normally a one turn cast would be a little OP, but what if it took more than one turn to cast, and/or that character had to be defended while casting? Though this concept could be used with melee and ranged characters as well.

By the way, with the designs we have seen so far, can't wait to see how the dragons are!
    Never stop. The future is always waiting and progressing. If you keep looking at the past, you will never see the opportunities that may pass by you.