Thread: Steam Version?

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK

Steam Version?

It looks like there will be a version of Prodigy that does not need the board/miniatures available through Steam.

Will there be any benefit or bonus for people owning the physical content, or is it just an "aesthetic perk"?

To me what made the game unique was the board and miniature aspect. I accepted long delays because of the miniature crafting and technology development. I surely would not have pledged the amount necessary for Alpha had I known that the game might be completely playable just as a steam game.

I'm not going to explode on a rant yet, but am concerned about the direction of the game my investment in it.

Hopefully we can get some clarity around this soon.

Your Prodigy pack
    JACK OF ALL TRADES PACK
    i guess you don't read the last email from Hanakai

This Digital Version, that relies on a digital board tested through a closed Alpha, will debut on Steam in the fourth trimester of 2017 and will be available for free to all who supported the project, Backers and people who pre-ordered Prodigy alike. Hanakai Studio will continue to develop at the same time both the physical and digital versions of Prodigy, which will be entirely compatible.

Your Prodigy pack
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumic View Post
    I didn't receive it... :/

Your Prodigy pack
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumic View Post
    I guess you didn't read my post.

The email stated that they were working on a digital only version in addition to the physical version.

My post expressed concern that there may be no incentive to invest in the physical aside from aesthetics if the digital-only version has all the same gameplay content and options.

The uniqueness of the game was the marriage of physical and digital but with digital only I expressed concern that the huge investment in development of the physical models and board technology may get minimized and lost.

I don't believe people will pay hundreds of euros/dollars or the equivalent for physical models and board if the game is completely playable digitally for a small fraction of the cost.

Thank you for the snarky one-liner without reading the substance of the thread though. It was very helpful and constructive.

Your Prodigy pack
    JACK OF ALL TRADES PACK
    i read all, but they said "The Studio will continue to develop at the same time both the physical" we don't know if the digital version comes with all the figurines playable, i guess they are going to sell new figurines as dlc.

but this is a good notice for Prodigy players, if a cheaper version is released, there are going to be more players for online matches

with digital sales they can invest more money in new armys and new figurines