Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Human character design

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    yeah I understand that. Trust me, even buying a Kotobukiya takes some self coercion given my access to funds. We know there is not a large market for Statue sales which also drives up the production costs. I just wanted people to understand the merit of a statue costing as much as it did.

Maybe they should have a customizable option for Kickstarter packages...model and price each of the pieces and you get to choose which ones you want in order for people to get exactly the things they want.

Your Prodigy pack
    But than you would have so many packages! :P

Your Prodigy pack

Personally, wouldn't having characters designed with influences from all over the world be the best? I think that the characters could become more diverse and creative in design if there aren't any limits. Why not have both Eastern and Western designs with no exclusions? It'd be like a whole new spin on it; especially with the depth at which Hanakai Studio designs the characters and character models.
    Never stop. The future is always waiting and progressing. If you keep looking at the past, you will never see the opportunities that may pass by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexaros View Post
    Personally, wouldn't having characters designed with influences from all over the world be the best? I think that the characters could become more diverse and creative in design if there aren't any limits. Why not have both Eastern and Western designs with no exclusions? It'd be like a whole new spin on it; especially with the depth at which Hanakai Studio designs the characters and character models.
    I agree I was actually hoping for differently styled characters, the human designs just don't click with me visually they look like the prototype character designs for alot of korean MMOs.

The monsters are great but to have really distanct human design would be great, the recent elf character looks like alot of other characters i've seen type of deal.

I really love berserk..and some of it's designs - Guts is gritty looking he looks like he's been through hell and back & zodd looks sick

Your Prodigy pack
    Only problem with this is you are talking other properties. You are asking a studio to sacrifice the vision of the story they want to tell in order to give you someone's story, someone's vision. I am not sure that is constructive to the development of the game. If you had a story and characters within that story would you want to be told no no do it like this?

I think we will see a diverse array of characters but I am hoping they keep their vision going forward into the Beta and making it happen.

Your Prodigy pack

Makes sense. I am enjoying the races and species of characters that have been developed. I am sure as this game reaches toward the end of next year more and more, we will be able to see many more fantastic creatures and characters come forth. Also, I do remember reading that there are many different kinds of people and races on Thasys so there are still tons of potential out there!
    Never stop. The future is always waiting and progressing. If you keep looking at the past, you will never see the opportunities that may pass by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Only problem with this is you are talking other properties. You are asking a studio to sacrifice the vision of the story they want to tell in order to give you someone's story, someone's vision. I am not sure that is constructive to the development of the game. If you had a story and characters within that story would you want to be told no no do it like this?

I think we will see a diverse array of characters but I am hoping they keep their vision going forward into the Beta and making it happen.
    it's a great vision of course but it's just formulated from other opinions including my own, I mean it would be pretty bad if no one critic the character designs, I don't expect them to make characters more like berserk or other properties but I expect some sort of unique vision which they totally have with the creature designs, it's just my personal opinion the human/elven characters look like tons of other things I've seen. This of course will constantly change as more figures come out and more designers come on board.

I've seen the artist they've chosen on kickstarter they're amazing i know they can do some pretty stellar stuff.

that and i know from one of the devs that they've been looking for artist but can't find their e-mails to contact some of them - it's one of the reasons i made this thread because i know they're actively looking for artist.
    Last edited by ChosenPredator; 04-16-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Your Prodigy pack
    Quote Originally Posted by ChosenPredator View Post
    it's a great vision of course but it's just formulated from other opinions including my own, I mean it would be pretty bad if no one critic the character designs, I don't expect them to make characters more like berserk or other properties but I expect some sort of unique vision which they totally have with the creature designs, it's just my personal opinion the human/elven characters look like tons of other things I've seen. This of course will constantly change as more figures come out and more designers come on board.

I've seen the artist they've chosen on kickstarter they're amazing i know they can do some pretty stellar stuff.

that and i know from one of the devs that they've been looking for artist but can't find their e-mails to contact some of them - it's one of the reasons i made this thread because i know they're actively looking for artist.
    Yeah they are in an interview I am trying to get the audio up for I did with Jean Bey he did tell me they are trying to grow the team, especially when I asked him about art design. I am more concerned with the graphical output than the design choices they choose for the characters. I view the Humans and see some very Final Fantasy like characters. The Creatures are very unique, but also hint at borrowed ideas. Toboro looks like someone mixed a treant and a minotaur, but I like the idea.

Your Prodigy pack

Really I think that in the end where their influence came from should not really matter. I think its the conglomeration of artists and their ideas and influences that will make this game and its characters so very unique.