Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Human character design

Human character design

I was reading a thread on neogaf about how they thought the character designs for the humans look like alot of Korean MMOS or boring next to the creature designs, (Google image some of them and I did see some similarities), so I thought since DEVs seem to be hiring different artist for this project that we'd toss them a few ideas of artist that we thing are badass.

I have to mention this though the monster designs are incredible, I personally would just like a little bit more defined unqiueness for our human/elven friends.

(I posted this on the kickstarter comments too)
    Takehiko Inoue

Kenta miura (berserk)

Yasushi Nirasawa

these are just a few examples i found i know the artist have to stick to a certain style but perhaps we'll see some other units with neat art styles as well as human design.
    Last edited by ChosenPredator; 04-10-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    I would love to have a character like the one Takehiko Inoue came up with. Badass samurai/warrior wanderer kind of style.

Your Prodigy pack
    SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    Yes, i also dont like the korean faces that much...they still look ok but i would prefer a more european look.

AS Optimus said, the creature designs are top notch! And i like the Siren Design already. Just wish we could see more of her

Also, i dont think i need to mention that Elae is just plain awesome :P

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I would love to have a character like the one Takehiko Inoue came up with. Badass samurai/warrior wanderer kind of style.
    yeah a grizzled out ronin samurai or a set of ronin would be pretty cool, alot of the humans have very pretty faces that don't look like they've ever experience battles on the opposite the monsters look like they'd massacre the prettyboy faces up but I would really like to see some manly men as figures, lol.

Your Prodigy pack
    I rather see a gladiator, or a wizard or witch. Unlike the rest I preffer western theme's

Your Prodigy pack
    I am sure we will see some gladiators/warriors or witches? I think Siren from the company of thorns seems like a witch(from the looks of it). Now how about something oriental like ronin samurai or that sort of concept. I think its really cool and the background story could possibly be very appealing.

Your Prodigy pack
    I thought the characters had different feels to each of them and displayed a high level of artistry given the genre. I thought it reminiscent of Magic the Gathering more than Korean MMOs. One of the male characters did look very Korean MMO styled, but the other who was a warrior by my estimation looked like it was from Magic. The female archer definitely had a Korean MMO flare to her, while there was a figurine which was not on the playing field dual wielding katanas that looked very MTG.

Your Prodigy pack
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    I thought the characters had different feels to each of them and displayed a high level of artistry given the genre. I thought it reminiscent of Magic the Gathering more than Korean MMOs. One of the male characters did look very Korean MMO styled, but the other who was a warrior by my estimation looked like it was from Magic. The female archer definitely had a Korean MMO flare to her, while there was a figurine which was not on the playing field dual wielding katanas that looked very MTG.
    I think you are referring to SOHA! She looks kinda badass uh! Really wanted her Sculpture but Its too expensive 300 bucks for it seems way off..

Your Prodigy pack
    As a fan of Statuettes namely makers like Kotobukiya I would say the asking price for her statue is priced very well. Now given that prior to PAX East I had no clue who Jean Bey and Hanaki Studios were I could say yeah maybe you could cut some dollars off that price. Also as a sculptor myself I understand the time it takes in order to create one of these Statues and it is a piece of art. I would hope they are not Chinese reproductions and if so I think they are worth the price.

Your Prodigy pack
    300 dollar for a statue is still a steep price. Not everyone wants a statue that has got well nothing more than an awesome look and collecting value.

If there was an option beyond the Seventeen pack that would include something else than the statue, more people might get it.

Im looking forward to seeing more of the art. So far everything looks amazing. Whatever they come up with will be something I want