Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: opinions will this be Skylanders/Disney Infinite Success or PS3 eye of judgement flop

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    No problem hopefully I can get some video/pics for you guys tomorrow. I am pledging to get Alpha and Early Seventeen after just today's test. The only thing hindering this game is exposure. The booth is a little small and having the one demo setup in going to hurt the possibility of getting more people to play.

from afar you can't tell what the game is really about. The cards they are handing out as promo's are actually pretty cool. They give you a chance to WIN a Figurine by using your NFC tech on your Android phone, but it is hard to tell that from walking past the booth.

Trying to clearly convey what the game is to passerby's in a quick 2-5 minute synopsis is also difficult, but people are sticking around and the kickstarter campaign is a great way to draw people in, lots of potential. Even if the game is not as wildly successful as Infinite/Skylanders I could see having a very good Chesspiece set for years to come.
    WAHHHH!! So jealous of you man! Waiting for your review and and feedback live from the PAX! take more videos and figurines up close please. I think no matter how people compare skylander or EOJ to prodigy, it just wont matter cause prodigy has that X factor that draws people in. It just needs exposure which PAX East can bring if done properly. GO prodigy!

PS: Please make the figurines more accessible. If it is too difficult to get the figurines, might turn some people away.
    Last edited by Optimus; 04-12-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Your Prodigy pack
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    WAHHHH!! So jealous of you man! Waiting for your review and and feedback live from the PAX! take more videos and figurines up close please. I think no matter how people compare skylander or EOJ to prodigy, it just wont matter cause prodigy has that X factor that draws people in. It just needs exposure which PAX East can bring if done properly. GO prodigy!

PS: Please make the figurines more accessible. If it is too difficult to get the figurines, might turn some people away.
    I am going to take video and pics today. Ill post them late tonight. I am also going to see if they are willing to answer some interview questions for a blog/website I am restarting. Hopefully they agree because I have tons of questions about it from many friends and would love to get more info.

Your Prodigy pack
    I am going to take video and pics today. Ill post them late tonight. I am also going to see if they are willing to answer some interview questions for a blog/website I am restarting. Hopefully they agree because I have tons of questions about it from many friends and would love to get more info.
    Thanks man! Do post the link to your blog/website here. A couple more hours until the streaming! Cant wait to see some actual gameplay.

Former Community Relations Director Elation's Avatar
    Comparing this to Skylanders/Disney Infinite is not doing it proper justice. I just got back from DEMO the game and it is a mix of Chess/TCG (VS System Specific) with the core foundation resembling the peripheral device setup of Skylanders/Infinite.

I would say it is more akin to having the best of visualizing YuGi-OH and TCG card play then overlaying the best of those into a coherent game based on the foundation of the peripheral setup for the Skylanders?Infinite Franchise.

I am extremely excite about this game and believe it to be the best game on display at PAX EAST.
    Thank you so much for coming out to see us! PAX East was great (as all PAXes are) and we really enjoyed getting to meet the backers and let you guys check it out in person.
    Meghan Jenks - Hanakai Studio Community Relations Director - Twitter: @70ms

Your Prodigy pack
    I took plenty of pics and Jean Bey was gracious enough to answer some questions concerning the game and I'll post that as soon as I get home from PAX. Really excited about the game, and I am sure Kickstarter donations will continue pouring in so long as word of mouth spreads about the game. The technology is really great and the possibilities are inspirational.

Your Prodigy pack
    I took plenty of pics and Jean Bey was gracious enough to answer some questions concerning the game and I'll post that as soon as I get home from PAX. Really excited about the game, and I am sure Kickstarter donations will continue pouring in so long as word of mouth spreads about the game. The technology is really great and the possibilities are inspirational.
    Cool! Eagerly awaiting your review on prodigy at PAX!

nice, great to hear that stuff Darkseid

really hoping for Hanakai showing up at the Spiel in Essen now!
    MAKE IT HAPPEN ░_░

Your Prodigy pack

I feel sorry for all those people who have not yet heard of Prodigy! I just can't wait to see the development of this game more and more as the funding increases even more. The potential and planned features simply blow any other similar game away. It really is awesome to see a development team so devoted to not only the game but the players as well.
    Never stop. The future is always waiting and progressing. If you keep looking at the past, you will never see the opportunities that may pass by you.

I know this is slightly off topic but it seems nintendo could of had piece of this collectors pie too(Skylander pie)...SMH nintendo if only your decision making skills were better.

Skylanders recently surpassed $2 billion in revenue: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/06/sk...ion-worldwide/ (it also helps it was released on every single platform to double the revenue)

looks like Prodigy is entering a healthy market - people love collecting and putting their figures inside of games ..be it a strategy game or a platformer there is something there that is asking to be taken in strides.
    Last edited by ChosenPredator; 04-16-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Your Prodigy pack

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenPredator View Post
    looks like Prodigy is entering a healthy market - people love collecting and putting their figures inside of games ..be it a strategy game or a platformer there is something there that is asking to be taken in strides.
    Exactly! And it doesn't help that the depth that the developers have put out and are aiming for is on a whole different scale.
    Never stop. The future is always waiting and progressing. If you keep looking at the past, you will never see the opportunities that may pass by you.