Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: opinions will this be Skylanders/Disney Infinite Success or PS3 eye of judgement flop

opinions will this be Skylanders/Disney Infinite Success or PS3 eye of judgement flop

Eye of Judgement for anyone who doesn't know is kind of similar to prodigy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlL3-u4zEao both have neat concepts but eye of judgement didn't quite catch on.

Do you think prodigy is going to be a mega success? It doesn't really have the established characters of a skylanders/disney infinity so alot of weight is being carried with how interesting these characters are, I would even love a writer to join them as one of their goals to make character history more indepth.

Lots of world building has to go on here so I have my fingers crossed that it will be a fairly popualr game if all the figures are easy to acquire down the road & the price doesn't turn people away instantly.

eye of judgement had no miniatures = auto fail

I'm not sure it will be as successful as the disney / skylanders, cause that has children as additional crowd.
    But as you see by the quick success of the KS already, I think it won't be a flop like EoJ at all.

my hopes are high!....it will be awesome!
    Last edited by Luckyfer; 04-05-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    Well it prob won't be as successfull as Skylander or Disney Infinite, cause a child can persuade a parent to buy his games and figurines, where what friends have they have to got aswell. Adults care less about that group thing than kids do.
    Next to the fact that it isn't a game that is easy to play, a good RPG is hard specially with strategic elements in it. Skylanders and Disney Infinite don't have any strategy stuff, an easy puzzle is the only part where they need to think, so in gameplay wise you can't compare the two.
    Eye of Judgement looks fairly Asian in style, which doesn't appeal to me (looks too much as Soul Caliber), and cards are less fun than figurines!
    But they characters we got to see now look so much better than what Skylanders has to offer for an adult, Disney characters are nostalgic so it is hard to beat that .

What does concern me is where you would be able to get the next figurines, if there would be any stores selling them.

I think it will be a succes, but not as big as the kids version of Prodigy.

Your Prodigy pack
    SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    i think prodigy has realy huge potential.

I realy like the art direction...it looks serious and not like that child ♥♥♥♥ (skylanders/disney infinity) :P

Eye of Judgement was realy fun but in the end, it played like all other regular trading card games and dont forget that you basicaly have both: figures and cards in prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyfer View Post
    eye of judgement had no miniatures = auto fail

I'm not sure it will be as successful as the disney / skylanders, cause that has children as additional crowd.
    But as you see by the quick success of the KS already, I think it won't be a flop like EoJ at all.

my hopes are high, and I will be involved in a huge alpha phase, if they listen to me....it will be awesome!
    I am considering going into the alpha phase tier but I want to wait and see what they show at PAX, if it's impressive and the feedback from the crowds & game developers is positive I will most likely go all in.

It's just there is ALWAYS something new coming out I don't want to make the wrong decision and spend so much money, 26 days alot can happen..kickstarter has all these really neat innovative games.

I do agree with you guys that Skylanders/Disney Infintie has the pull with the parents & also the accesibility of acquiring the figures if it's hard and we can only order them online it might hinder the progress of this game moving forward.

I'm not 100% in on the alpha yet.
    It all depends on the combat mechanics, so I'm really looking forward to the PAX videos!

Former Community Relations Director Elation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyfer View Post
    I'm not 100% in on the alpha yet.
    It all depends on the combat mechanics, so I'm really looking forward to the PAX videos!
    We'll start livestreaming from the studio soon as well, and this Saturday from 2:30-3PM Eastern we'll be broadcasting from the Twitch stage (meaning it won't be on our Twitch channel, but the main Twitch channel itself).
    Meghan Jenks - Hanakai Studio Community Relations Director - Twitter: @70ms

oh nice.
    an update on Kickstarter would be nice for that (including different timezones, cause else I will miss out on it).
    but as it is Saturday evening for me anyway I will miss out on it anyway. Will you be able to record it and upload as video (I know that works in the own channel but I never streamed on the twitch main channel :O)

Your Prodigy pack
    EARLY SEVENTEEN FOUNDER PACK
    Eastern is -5 GMT. So that is 7.30-8.00 PM GMT that the stream will be live.

EoJ had some cool ideas and a community. But it died with its servers, so I guess the critical point here will be "Will the servers be live for a long time ?" (and it's related to the success of the game, and to a potential subscription)
    Skylanders is pretty much different (the only similarity is it has minis with NFC, but no online play to my knowing, and it plays with a controller, not with cards and minis)